Are you taking part in #Veganuary this month? If you don’t regularly have a plant-based diet, it can be hard to know where to eat out for delicious vegan dishes – but lots of restaurant and cafes in the North East have brought out special #Veganuary menus or dishes this January. We’ve rounded up nine that have taken our fancy – give them a try!
1. Love Lily Tearoom in Roker, Sunderland has a fab #Veganuary menu that includes Oreo Party Pancakes, BBQ Jackfruit Wraps and Roasted Squash Salads.
2. Tyneside Bar Cafe (the restaurant inside Tyneside Cinema) in Newcastle city centre has brought out a special #Veganuary menu which has lots of mouthwatering options – like this tagine.
3. Nu To Go in Gateshead has plenty of vegan options for breakfast, brunch and lunch – or even to take away. We love this restaurant/cafe which has a focus on delicious wholesome and healthy food. [read our blog post about them here].
4. Scream for Pizza in Sandyford is known for its EXCELLENT pizzas, and it has now launched a vegan version of Jackfruit shawarma with pickled red cabbage, roast red onions and mint and garlic yoghurt to celebrate #Veganuary.
5. New restaurant on the block – Horticulture – has brought out a fantastic #Veganuary offering of 3x vegan small plates for just £12! A great way to sample a lot of dishes for a great price!
6. Great British Cupcakery by Newcastle’s Quayside has a special #Veganuary afternoon tea for £10.95pp which is available Monday-Friday until 31st Jan 2020. Simply use the code ‘Vegan2020’ when making a booking.
7. The Dispensary in Newcastle isn’t just a destination for incredible pancakes but also for savoury dishes too. It has just brought out two vegan options – the Halloumi Fries Sarnie and the Philly Cheese Fake.
8. How incredible does this vegan Biscoff & Hazelnut crunch from Caffe 1901 in Gosforth look? Perfect if you are in need of a sweet treat.
9. And I couldn’t leave out Greggs! It launched a vegan steak bake a few days ago and everyone has been going wild for it. Great if you’re after a cheap lunch on the go.