I love the EAT! events held by NewcastleGateshead Initiative. They get better and better (and more delicious) every year.
Tea & Cake Planet is a great foodie event happening this weekend (Saturday 28th and Sunday 29th of June) at the Boiler Shop in Newcastle.
The event is held in four time slots:
Saturday – 11:30am-2:30pm and 3:30pm-6:30pm
Sunday 11:30am-2:30pm and 3:30pm-6:30pm.
You’ll need a ticket to get in which can be bought online here. I’d recommend doing that instead of chancing your luck for tickets on the door as they have limited availability and some time slots or events will sell out before the weekend (if they haven’t done so already!)
The most amazing part of the event, in my opinion, is the Cake Planet. Lots of bakers have got involved by baking their favourite world landmarks, that will all be assembled at Tea & Cake Planet to create the world! You can get involved in the event during the Saturday sessions by helping to sculpt things out of icing that will be placed on the cake. On Sunday morning you can see the cake being assembled and during the final time slot of the event (Sunday afternoon), you can help in eating the cake until not a single crumb is left!
- The Finest Afternoon Tea on the Planet from Fenwick Newcastle
- Perrier-Jouet Champagne Afternoon Tea from The Vermont Hotel
- Cocktail Afternoon Tea from SIX @ BALTIC
- Picnic Afternoon Tea from The *TeaShed (includes a Teddy Bear’s Picnic option for the kids)
It’s going to be an amazing day, and a great one to get all the family involved in so don’t miss out!
What do scobberlotch recommend?
- The ‘Pick ‘n’ Mix Scone Baking for Kids from Food Nation’ free, drop-in activity.
- Picnic Afternoon Tea from The *TeaShead (they do know how to put on a lovely spread).
- Tickets for one of the Sunday sessions so you can see the finished Cake Planet.
- Book tickets now!