I love Newcastle Restaurant Week. What a brilliant idea (I applaud you, whoever thought of it). Get the nation dining! Get them trying different restaurants and get them to do it all for either £10 or £15 per person. It’s fantastic.
You can view the full list of restaurants participating here, and also find out other information (e.g. whether you need to book in advance/show a voucher etc.)
If, like us, when you first saw this list you were struck with awe and slight panic of where to choose to dine, you can take comfort knowing we are going to give you our top 5 places to dine this Newcastle Restaurant Week. (Really, we wish we could dine at them all!)
1. The Herb Garden. This gorgeous pizza kitchen & restaurant has just opened recently, and from all the buzz about it on Twitter, it will definitely be popular during Restaurant Week. You need to go, not only for the food, but to check out their fake, life-size horse on roller-skates! Get 2 courses for £10 per person, available Sunday to Thursday.
2. The Broad Chare. Listed as one of the best gastropubs in Britain, this is the place to come for hearty, heart-warming grub. For 2 courses for £10 or 3 courses for £15, the restaurant week offer is an absolute bargain.
3. The Sausage Emporium. Another newby to the Newcastle food scence. The Sausage Emporium promises to provide good old handcrafted Butchers Sausage with the best quality and taste. It’s somewhere different, but somewhere we think you’ll enjoy! Get 2 courses for £10 or 3 courses for £15.
4. The Lock & Key Restaurant. This restaurant opened up at the end of 2013, and is part of the NE4 plaza complex. It’s had great reviews and offers a mouth-watering menu for restaurant week. Get 2 courses for £10 or 3 courses for £15.
5. Las Iguanas. This chain restaurant offering South American fare adds some different taste and flavours to our Restaurant Week Top 5. With a starter, main and dessert for £10 per person, you will be full to bursting after a dinner here!
It’s a great week to showcase the finest restaurants Newcastle has to offer, and also bring the new restaurants to the spotlight. We hope you dine well during Newcastle Restaurant Week!